View Single Post
Annalee 10:44 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
So with so many in-home dcs closing, are there some still operating, but under the radar? I know, through the local grapevine, that there are some here. What can the state do to you? I know it's playing with fire if something ever happened but I will admit, it's crossed my mind more than once. Another question, what would happen if all the in-home dcs just started refusing to follow all the states' nonsensical regulations? I cannot believe everybody would be shut down.
I have a hard time blindly following all the ridiculous bs they expect from us.
Many are operating here without a license, some legal/some not. One of the new proposals is to go through certificate and food program persons that are taking care of children and requiring them to have a certain amount of training and monitoring even if they are operating legally unlicensed. That is the only avenues to find these providers under the radar. Here, a provider can be on food program even if they are not licensed and they can keep 4 unrelated and as many as they want related so you can imagine how that plays out.....many keep the same amount of kids as I am licensed for but count them as related. How do you check that? So, not sure how this proposal will benefit the state? The problem with change is when someone actually "listens" to providers, they need help all the way up the ladder but it too many times stalls somewhere.