View Single Post
LysesKids 05:40 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
One of my part time families pays for 3 days a week but gave me a schedule of all the days they would use care through October and sometimes they only have 2 days that they want care. However, it's been happening more frequently that they will just show up for all 3 days anyway even when it's not on the schedule they gave me. I have no problem with them using the care they pay for, but do you make them go by the schedule they give you or do you just always keep those 3 days available for them? This is the 4th time now where I thought I had no daycare kids coming today and would do something with my own kids and they come knocking on my door. I let them in because technically they paid for it and it is theirs and they are a very good family otherwise. Should I make them adhere to the schedule they give me or should I make them communicate better about what days they need or do I just plan on being open on the days they reserved whether their schedule says they're coming or not?
I have PT/Drop-in stick to set days, no changing weekly. You have a rotating schedule you must sign FT regardless. I have limited spaces and I plan my OFF time around schedules. I also tell clients they don't show with in 30 minutes of time they set, I they have to find other care for the day if I closed or went out because they didn't let me know they would be late