View Single Post
nannyde 04:21 PM 06-03-2011
Oh I thought of something for you.

If you think you can dig these parents then ask the Mommy for some recipes and some menu ideas.

Foodie parents love to do food with their child care provider. I share a lot of food with my parents and we all share recipes back and forth. We LOVE talking about food.

We share plants.. share gardening ideas.. share stories about successes and failures with what the kid will eat and new things we try. We share SOURCES of good food. We share ideas on how to save money.

When you get into the food movement you will find that everyone is on their own path and you can learn so much from them no matter where they are in their journey.

The food journey is complex and requires some time and a lot of decisions along the way. There is a lot of cheatery going on in the food biz too. I would love to have a contact like them to help me muddle thru it.

When you start making changes you realize that you want to access the foods one by one. It's not like going to the grocery store and being able to just shop for grass fed, free range, ethical, chemical free food. It's not that easy... especially if you are on a budget. If you can work with them to find some of the foods you want for your family and business then you can meet their needs and meet your own needs.

You may want to barter some of their goods for your services???

It takes a village to do the food deal.. a big village

Being a gardner and a home made from scratch cooker puts you WAY ahead in the game..