View Single Post
Febby 05:31 PM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I agree. He probably slept late, dad fed him late, and then he was brought to daycare, which many parents don't think is a big deal, but he is on a totally different schedule than all the other kids. They have been playing all day, have full bellies and are ready for rest. He recently woke, ate and is ready to play!

I think it is an exaggeration to say he starved, so I wonder if the dcp "yelling" may also be an exaggeration??? I would just bring it up like, "when my mom picked up last time, she said you seemed upset with how little ones day went, so I wanted to speak with you and see if everything is ok?"
Agree. Parents typically don't think a late drop off is a big deal because when their children sleep late at home, it's relatively straightforward to adjust your schedule to fit what they need. When you have a bunch of other two year olds, you can't simply change the schedule for one child. If they're up during nap, they're likely to be disruptive. Then, they're tired when it's no longer nap time, but can't sleep because everyone else is up and playing.

As far as feeding goes, three hours between lunch and snack is not starvation. Yes, he probably got hungry after a while, but I'd be more inclined to blame the change in routine for the behavior issues they encountered than the time between his lunch and their snack.

And, no, it's not common for two year olds not to nap in child care. At least, it's not common anywhere I've worked. Yes, it happens sometimes, but it's unusual (and annoying).