View Single Post
Kelly 02:34 PM 06-21-2013
I have a DCB who's 2.5 and has been with me on and off for about a year & a half. At first he was part time but now just drop in. His mom works 3-4 days per week, schedule varies. Dad has had a really good job but is frequently laid off and will be laid off indefinitely after next week. He also works occasionally for a friend(off the books I'm pretty sure.) Parents are not married but have lived together since before DCK was born.

I'm not licensed but am approved to receive state pay. DCM asked me about how it works and I got the forms for her to fill out. Today she brought them back for me to fill out my portion. When I looked through them I saw that she didn't list DCD or his income on the form and when it asked if the child's other parent lived in the home, she checked No. She wrote that she receives "voluntary" child support of $150 per month.

I have no problem with people getting assistance if they need it but not if they go about it dishonestly. I don't know if they will meet the income requirements or not if DCD is getting unemployment and I don't know if they would even qualify since DCD is laid off & can keep DCB at home. I just think that they should have to provide the correct information to the state and I don't feel right signing off on this and sending it in when I know it's not the truth.

My plan was to tell her that I won't fill out my part until she includes DCD's info too. My mom says I should just let it go but I don't feel like that would be right. DCB is a great kid and I would hate to lose him if the parents get mad at me but this just really irritates me.

So what would you do?