View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 03:02 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
I don't believe the op is questioning the child's paternity. From what I understand is that the op is mad about the DCP taking advantage of the system by not reporting that there is a parent living in the home.

The way subsidy works is if both parents are working and within income guidelines they will qualify for Childcare services. If this parent reports that dad, boyfriend or whatever he is, is not working they won't qualify because one parent is at home while mom works.

What I think these parents are doing, either Dcd is working under the table (cash) so he won't have to report to the unemployment or simply doesn't want to stay home with the child all day

Which I don't think it's right anyways but I wouldn't report it because I don't feel it's none of my business but we all don't think or feel the same. Kwim
Yep I know what ya mean here both parents don't have to work. One can be working while the other one participates in the states work program. Or one can go to school. Or both can be unemployed and actively looking for work while participating in community service and/or the work program.

But here, one or both don't have to be employed. With the jobs as few as they are, it's usually that one is working and one is doing the other options. But if both are working they will likely be over the income requirements.