View Single Post
Unregistered 05:50 PM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I only take private pay parents because once I tried the county assistance route and it was a major hassle.

Laurel
THIS! I stopped taking subsidy after getting bamboozled by the state and their clients more than once and their trail of paperwork that is INSANE!

That said, before I stopped subsidy, I did have a mom who I knew the bf lived with her. I do not know all the requirements of the state. I filled out the following information:

My name, my #, my license ID, My address, My contracted hours with her, and my signature.

There was nothing on the paper for her to fill out but her name, addr, case # and phone # and the hours contracted.

I would have no way of knowing if she committed fraud or not because the financial info was not there. I have seen an application before (because I used to hand them out to interviewees who asked about subsidy) and know that a lot of those ??'s were on the form, but I never saw any parent actually fill them out nor did I need to do ANYTHING in regards to their application. They filled it out, and if approved, was then given the "provider-parent form" and that was it.

I think that it is NONE of anyone's business what a parent fills out but if they're dumb enough to put their business on a form and then GIVE it to someone, all expectation of privacy is gone because they chose to hand you the paper. In that case, if you're sure that they live together, you'd address it as a mistake "Suzie, I noticed you show dad not living in hh, can you correct?" And then you'll find out 1. She'll correct it 2. She tries to play it off or 3. perhaps the situation has changed since you knew last but at least you have addressed it in a non-confrontational way.