Thread: Drop In Care
View Single Post
Leigh 06:10 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by Nurse Jackie:
Those of you who do drop in care how exactly do you do it? I have 2 drop-ins enrolled right now. One Dcm contacts me the day of and I let her know if I have space if so she pays at drop off. The other Dcm does drop in care 2 days per week. She would give me her schedule for 6 weeks and pay for all 6 weeks of care at once. So she pretty much had contracted care for 6 weeks which worked out fine for the most part, but because I committed to the 6 weeks of care I would have to turn away potential Dcf who needed full time immediate care due to age/ratio dcg is under 2. Dcm will not be coming for a couple of weeks this month and with holidays being right around the corner I'm expecting she'll miss a few more days so that means I'll be short money those weeks. I told Dcm moving forward to contact me the friday prior to the week she needs care and if I have the space she can pay just for that week of care. She seemed ok with it. I had a interview today with a family who's interested in drop-in care. Dcm schedule changes from week to week. They don't want to pay for a full week of care if they don't need the days but want the days to be available if they need it. I told them with drop in care they don't have a guaranteed spot and that they would need to contact me each friday to see if I have space. How do you handle situations listed above?
If they want the days reserved for them (have those days available when they want them), then they're NOT drop in, but they're contracting for care, and they pay for all days that they want available, regardless of whether they use them. Drop in, they ask if I'm available, if I am, they come and pay my higher drop in rate, if I'm not available, they don't pay. So, if the DCM wanted me available for her 5 days a week, she pays my full time rate every week.