View Single Post
professionalmom 04:44 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by judytrickett:
I also know that a lot of people think I am judgemental, a bitch and off-base. But really, I'm just speaking and writing the truth that so many people are either not willing to consciously acknowledge or too afraid to say themselves. I honestly don't feel that I am alone in my sentiments and views toward the manner in which most children are simply taken for granted by their parents in this world we have created.
Exactly. No one here was talking about the occasional vacation. I understood it to mean the parents that use every possible moment they can to be AWAY from their kids and not have to actually PARENT them. Everyone needs a break. And when my children are older and can handle it, we plan to get away a little bit. But when they are 12 months old and already spend 50+ hours in daycare away from mom and never see dad? Come on people. No one ever said that parents are selfish if they take the occasional vacation without their children. It's amazing how some people will overexaggerate a comment someone else makes and take it so personally, even when it was is no way directly at them personally. Sheesh!

Judy, how do we get misinterrupted so easily? Wow!