View Single Post
MN Mom 11:46 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
My concern was ONLY for the poor babies and toddlers that are already in daycare for 50+ hours a week, then the parents (sadly, it's usually the moms) are begging family and friends to watch the kid on the weekends (so they can go out and have fun) and then they say they need a break and take a week long vacation in another state.
This! This is what I abhor. My niece is in a situation like this...unfortunately. My brother works 60+ hours a week to pay child support. He takes my niece whenever he has time. The mom...on the other hand, is a piece of work. On her weekends (they share during the week and do every other weekend), if my brother doesn't take her she gets pissed and starts hollering, then I get a phone call to which I always give in. If I do not take her, I know the mom will dump her somewhere, and this poor girl has been through way to damn much since she was born. Her environment has NEVER been stable with mom. Dad, yes....but not mom. Mom is too busy partying, sleeping around, drinking (and other substances), getting into fights with cops, going to jail.

What really upset me was, last weekend my Grandfather died. Niece never knew him. The mom called (on her weekend) my brother to ask if he was taking niece to the funeral, and when my brother said no...mom threw a tantrum. Brother gives in. During the funeral weekend, I notice mom posting on Facebook pics of her and her friends at a theme park, drinking and partying it up. This girl should not have custody....but the judge apparently thinks otherwise. Oh niece also spends approx. 50 hours in daycare during the summer.