View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:20 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I have read a lot of the archives here and while there are disagreements (strong ones), I have not seen as much vitriolic behavior as I do on the mommy blogs. Man they can be mean and SO judgemental! Comments on fb about kid issues are just so full of hate! I was linked to a new baby seat that lays a baby on their tummy and rocks them. Its meant for colicky or flat head babies I guess, but it asked what thoughts were on it. I expected positive and negative reviews, but the negative reviews were more about lazy parenting and how you should wear your baby and not ignore them andif you use that item, you are abandoning your child and a bad mom I was like, WTH?? Even a mom who said she had post partum and a colicky baby and would have loved the item to give her a few minutes of peace was told she shouldn't have had a baby if she wasn't prepared to meet its needs! Now I know why other groups like Sanctimommy exist! There are some judgmental parents out there who apparently have it all figured out! I have not seen that on this board. Other than trolls who just love to stir up controversy, I don't see that type of behavior on here from registered users and regular posters.
I disagree.

I think we (general we) simply accept or at the very least identify with or understand what providers say/post since we are sharing the same view.

Reading some of the things said here (from a parent perspective) would definitely have me riled....as a provider I am sometimes dumbfounded but I usually just walk away from those threads but I think the judgement and negativity definitely goes both ways.