View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
IN the home, but what about outside where children do not play even when they are not there? I mean to say one can't smoke anyplace on their property is going to far. I also think that the lower legal limit for truck drivers in there PERSONAL vehicle is over reaching. I mean just because you have a job (of any kind) does not mean you should have to give up your rights to a personal life away from work. We don't smoke anymore, we both quit years ago, so I don't allow smoking in my house at all, largely due to DD's asthma. But that doesn't mean I would tell a visitor they couldn't smoke in my yard when no daycare kids were here.
Pretty sure they can't get that picky when not everyone is trustworthy or honest. Not to mention the hundreds of different ways a simple rule and be interpreted. kwim?

What does "Where the kids don't play" mean?

It means something different for everyone so I am sure the rule simply had to be a general blanket rule...one size fits all.

As for the CDL rule not being fair in the personal vehicle...well my dad was a CDL holder his whole life and he took that "privilege" very seriously. If someone "pushed" the legal limit simply because they were in their personal vehicle...well that says a lot about their personal integrity and I wouldn't want someone on the road with a multi-ton vehicle that didn't take the privilege seriously.

With every privilege comes a responsibility.

My bff's dad is a pilot. He can not drink within 24-48 hours prior to flying.

There are many professions that have off-duty laws/rules or policies that employees must follow. Again, no one forced anyone to take those types of jobs but if you do, then you must abide by those laws.