View Single Post
debbiedoeszip 06:03 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Luna:
I have been with Wee Watch in Ontario for about 8 years.
I believe the no smoking policy is a ministry licensing regulation, not a Wee Watch policy, but I could be wrong. I can tell you that no home visitor or lincensing official is ever going to visit you during non-daycare hours.
I agree the initial hoops to jump through in the beginning can be overwhelming, but after that it's much easier. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives. I totally create and run my own program. They offer suggestions and supply materials, but whether or not I use them is totally up to me. I used to do both private and Wee Watch care, but now I refer anyone who approaches me privately to ask for me through the agency.
I actually really liked the WW home visitor. It helped a bunch that she and I seemed to agree on most of my policies and practices (including sample menus). It's good to hear that even if we had disagreed that I would still be able to run my program how I want. It's too bad that I couldn't see past my other objections. I think that I would have done well with WW.