View Single Post
AmandasFCC 07:46 AM 09-10-2009
Just wondering if any of you have had the situation in your daycares where a child is in a joint-custody (50/50) agreement, where the child is with one parent for a week, then another parent the next.

I recently had this with a little boy. His dad lived in another town so the weeks he was with dad I didn't have him. The problem was that the parents were not on the same page whatsoever in terms of parenting, so I basically would work hard to get this little boy to play nicely, share, not be violent, etc., only to have it erased the week he was at his dad's and have to start over... This was not only frustrating for me but very disruptive to the other kids because of the amount of time I had to dedicate to watching this kid's every move.

This family has since left my daycare (kid threatened to kill me and the babies in care so he didn't have to come - I made that wish a reality for him lol), but I'm seriously considering denying anyone else that comes to me with this kind of arrangement. I just wanted to know if that situation is a common one or if this family was an exception? Am I justified in simply denying care to this kind of situation?