View Single Post
DancingQueen 10:29 AM 09-22-2010
thanks for letting me vent earlier. Sometimes just the venting alone makes me feel better.

*I do tell mom. Every day. Even today after the bite I texted her. She is a wonderful (single) mom really trying her best but this kid is ridiculously coddled. She says "I try time-outs with him at home but he just cries and cries and I don't know what to do" I give her advice when she asks (and she does ask) but I don't want to overstep.

*I think he is rarely around other children (except for here) so mom doesn't get to see much of this and the few times she does I think he is getting the "that wasn't very nice - now say sorry" and he smiles and says sorry and everything is hunky dory. I've caught him saying sorry AS he is swinging here. I think mom needs to see him around other kids more often and I think she needs to react strongly when he pulls this stuff.

*I don't believe there are other factors (like ADD or ADHD) in play here. I'm going with my gutt of course because I'm not qualified to make that sort of call. But I've been around kids my entire life and I just don't see it here.

*He ACTS like a kid that doesn't know how to express himself. But he isn't. He speaks clearly - better than any of my other kids. If someone is in his space he uses his words. If he wnats something he asks for it. If someone hits him he shouts NO HIT. He has great speach for his age.

My own take on it is it is as if he has a box around him (we all do though, don't we?) and he doesn't want people in his box. IF they go in his box he pushes them out. but here is the tricky part. If he brings his box to you then you still get pushed out. If he walks to close to someone he pushes them out of his box. So he'll charge down my hallway just knocking kids out of the way as he goes.
He also is flabbergasted when someone hits him. So you'd think that would help - but it doesn't.
If someone has something he appears to think he should get to just take it. He walks up to kids all day long and takes things away from them. and if they defend they get hit or bit.
the other thing I've noticed is if anyone is having any sort of fun he has to not only be a part of it - but push everyone else away from it.
So if I am sitting on the couch reading a book to one dcg while everyone is playing and he sees dcg smile. he will come up to the couch - sit next to her - and attempt to push her off the couch.
and it isn't just attention from me. If my dd and dcb are on a chair watching a show he will pull dcb off the chair to sit there.
or
if someone is dancing in the kitchen to the music I put on. He will yell at them to stop - push them out of he way and dance right where they were dancing.

It makes our days so miserable

He isn't here on Thursdays and I LIVE for Thursdays.

I have open spots and I'm not getting any calls right now - I can't lose his income.