View Single Post
BentleysBands 06:20 AM 10-13-2010
first off IMO just because acts he like this does NOT mean its adhd or special needs as a PP said....thats crazy even say suggest that IMO

its very normal at this age to express themselves with hitting,pushing,biting esp. when their language skills are still developing.

I praise the good behaviors. i had a biter in care who bit ...but only the less aggressive kids. i had to shadow his every move, bring him w/me everywhere. it was tough! its a decision you need to weigh. if its causing others to get hurt on a daily basis i would consider terminating. i personally would not want my child gettting hurt at daycare every day esp. bitting...i have a 3 bite rule. third time the child gets a 2 wk notice. to terminate. ....sometimes it takes a paretn to be warned w/term. for them to acknowledge the problem.

now i did have a past biter who was a single child so she wasnt around many kids for long periods like daycare. mom was awesome and i felt was honest.
we both felt she only did it here. i had to find the cause so i could address it. turned out she just lacked communication skills and used biting to communicate her anger (sharing,taking turns,etc) ...she was 16months at the time it started. i sadly had to terminate because she didn't understand and others were getting hurt. i cant risk loosing many parents vrs. one...mom understood but WAS hurt...i just expressed that i cant risk others...some kids are just more prone to aggressive behavior.

i think what your doing is good esp. communicating w/the parents.