View Single Post
PolarCare 11:37 AM 02-18-2012
I have only before/after school kids for daycare kiddos, and I also have 6 of my own, 2 of whom are home all day with me. I only have time to vacuum and steam the floor once a day. After that, all kinds of stuff falls onto the floor and can make socks dirty.

We're in Alaska, so we have a NO SHOES rule in the house. We have shelves in our Arctic entry and all shoes have to go there when someone comes into the house. No exceptions. We also have a couple of those plastic over the door shoe hangers that hang on the inside of the coat closet doors. They're full of slippers. Each child is required to keep a pair of slippers here that will fit and stay on their feet, to be worn inside at all times. I wear Isotoner ballet type slippers, as do all my daughters.

Our floors are Pergo laminate throughout the house, and they are impossible to keep clean when you live in your house all day every day, as opposed to leaving for the entire day and going to work, then coming home for a few hours before bed.