View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 10:45 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
For as long as I can remember she doesn't have much family out here that helps. Her mother lives further out and is a dog trainer. She doesn't like having the kids at the house bc it's always a mess. I am usually who she goes to for date nights although I stopped watching children on weekends a while a go bc watching kids M-F takes a toll on me and my family. I need those weekends to recoup. I normally will only watch if it's a wedding or special occasion. Since it's for their Anniversary I would def. try. I just don't know if that week is going to work and we haven't really made plans as of yet. I think once we are officially out there then we would be able to know more. I just don't know right off. I can tell though that my husband isn't going to be pleased. When we watch the kids we keep saying this is the last time...I've had a couple of times they where brought sick...one had RSV and I didn't even know it til mom took her son to the ER. I had called the next day saying he was running a high temp and throw up. The older they get the harder I find it is to care for them together not to mention I just don't know how comfortable they'll be in a strange new home...for that amount of days. I think the novality of coming to the new house wheres out after a couple days...kwim?..

I don't know... I don't feel sorry for parents - when you choose to have children, you choose to give up certain things. I know it is their anniversary, but honestly, most people are lucky to be able to go out for dinner kid-free for their anniversary... kwim? I think it's great you want to help, but at the same time - it isn't your responsibility to be the daycare provider and the babysitter.

Her mom could watch the kids but DCM doesn't like how messy here house is? Seriously? Beggars can't be choosers.

Your husband's not going to be happy? I don't let daycare stuff interfere with my personal life on any level... that right there would cause me to say "nope, sorry."

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I happily do more than enough 50+ hours a week for my DCFs and even thinking about anything more makes cranky.