View Single Post
Thriftylady 08:49 AM 05-30-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm going to find someone else. I think this lady was right, we are not a good fit. She has a tot whose older sister goes to another daycare, and I have always wondered why. Now it's clear. I think my provider enjoys the babies a bit more than the active preschool age set (who wouldn't).

Question: How do nannies on care.com get health insurance? I looked into that and for a personal plan it was going to cost about $200 per month, on top of the salary. Do people who hire nannies generally pay that?
The package you offer the nanny is up to you. They may have it through their husband, my DH and I get ours through the exchange. If you get a nanny though, you will have to pay all employment taxes, unemployment insurance, Social Security and Medicaid in each pay period just as your employer does for you. In home child care providers are self employed, so we deal with all that. If you hire a nanny, you are an employer and must follow the same laws any employer has to pay. I am not sure if you would have to pay workers comp on them or not.