View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 10-19-2017
Personally, I would terminate her immediately and wouldn't give any notice. I would do so not only for your immediate safety but for the safety of her child and the other children in care.

I wouldnt want her going off in anger when she is told so I would be one step ahead of her and I would contact your licensing agency and tell them you are terming a potentially volatile parent and want them to be aware of it before you notify her.

Then I would have another adult (spouse, neighbor, family friend etc) be present if you plan on terminating her in person. Tell her she is being terminated immediately due and that you are no longer willing to provide services to her. I'd make a comment about already having notified licensing.

Even more ideal is terminating her via phone or e-mail. I don't normally suggest doing so in that manner and prefer to communicate in person but in situations where a parent has the potential to be aggressive or volatile I would absolutely do what I could to ensure they do not come onto my property.

I wouldn't give her any more information than necessary as those types of parents tend to take one comment and focus on it as the root of their ire and I have been on the receiving end of an unpredictable parent before and would do what ever is necessary to avoid that again.