View Single Post
AmyLeigh 04:18 PM 03-18-2013
Ugghh...I couldn't finish any of those. I have a very low tolerance level for tantrums.

What I saw was the kids got more upset the more the parents talked to them about their issues. The were actually making the tantrums worse. In the first one, the girl was barely even still crying until mom got in her face about not being 4. In the second one, the girl was marginally upset, then when dad kept talking about it, she got more worked up. Made me mad. Just tell the child, "nope, you're not 4 yet, not getting a toy, not getting your way (whatever)" Then MOVE ON!!! Once the child sees that you are not making a big deal of it, the tantrums stop. And yes, I have had all 3 of my children throw tantrums in public. Once. They knew I was not going to give in. Tantrums stopped and never happened again. They learned really fast that mama don't play that. Tantrums are not funny, and videos of them are not funny at all.

I am very disturbed by the public posting of these videos. Not only does this not show any respect for their children (one of my biggest pet peeves), they are stupid enough to set themselves up to be criticized and judged by the public.
I did, however, enjoy the princess video!