View Single Post
Nikki2199 10:44 AM 05-01-2012
I actually ran into a similar situation. What I did was draft up a 'letter' or 'notice' that due to other inquires, I could no longer supply daycare on an as needed basis. I gave a few options with prices. (This was also for a parent who lost their job.) They told me that they didn't want to lose their spot because the mom was looking for a job. The options I gave was: 5 mornings a week (8-12), three full days, two full days or no daycare. I explained that if something came along that would fill their position, and they chose no daycare, I would gladly call them first before filling it to see if they wanted to change their option. They chose two full days. Thankfully, she found a job and now their son comes full time. I was also given no warning that they were going to drop from full time status. I also require payment at the beginning of the week for that week. They pay for holidays that fall durin the work week when we are closed and they also pay for their child no being there due to illness, vacations, etc. Then, if they decide to not come, but you are expecting them, you are at least still getting paid for them!