Thread: Creepy Dad
View Single Post
broncomom1973 07:21 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I dont know if this would work or not but there's a door handle made by Shlage (spelling?) that I've been thinking about getting that allows you to keep the door unlocked from the inside but locked on the outside KWIM? It also has a keypad entry where you can give each individual parent their own access code and then "lock them out" during non daycare hours. It gives off a sort of "beep beep beep" sound when it's being unlocked but I'm not sure how loud it really is or whether or not you'd be able to hear it unless you were in the same room as the front door but just the idea of being able to keep my door locked to everyone else except my DC parents almost makes it worth the $300 smackers it would set me back. Just to add to it, you can choose to pay a $10 or so a month fee and set it up so it gives you reports of what access codes are punched in at what time which would eliminate my need for a sign in sheet. Im one of those that always carries my phone on my person at all times and so another feature it has is sending alerts to your smart phone when someone punches in their code so if I were in the backyard and someone came in and used their code it would alert me as to who it was.

Funny thing is that my hunny's family is always coming and going here also but use our key pad code on our garage to get in and I never really know who is coming or going so this is another reason why I want the front door keypad lol. I want to change the code to the garage and have them use the front door from now on and be able to see who is coming in even when we are not home

Not sure if this will help any of those out there that can't lock their doors or not but hopefully someone can find it useful.

We have these locks you are talking about. They are nice locks and work well. Prior to these, we had the Schlage finger recognition ones which you could use the same way (scan in parents fingerprints) but I cant remember how many total you could scan in..... I think it was around 5-8 different fingers. My dh has a carpet cleaning business and his fingertips are in pretty rough shape from all of the chemicals and heat he uses in his business, so he decided to get rid of those and got the keypads instead. I never thought about giving my parents a code to get in, but I know dh wouldnt go for that anyway, lol.