Thread: Montessori
View Single Post
CityGarden 11:26 AM 03-29-2017
I love that Montessori allows room for each child to develop at his or her own pace. I like the thoughtful detail places on the classroom (low shelves, no clutter, well planned). I appreciate their approach to self-care giving children the tools and teaching but not pressuring (i.e. potty learning, washing hands, etc.) I love the respect they give children and it reminds me of my RIE parenting classes.

I do not like that it seems to attract parents who are more academic leaning in my area nor that anyone can use Montessori in the name of their program as it gives parents who tour them an incorrect impression of what Montessori looks like in action.

I would advise you get trained in Montessori and become AMI certified if it's something you can see yourself doing long term. In the meantime there are lots of blogs and books to guide.....

I am not Montessori but I give this book to most new parents in my personal life: https://www.amazon.com/How-Raise-Ama...ntessori+books

It is not the most in-depth book however it gives parents (and providers) the basics to get children started on the right track.