Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by missmisty:
Why is it so hard for parents to #1 - follow policies and #2 - be considerate to the other kids in care

Snacks. I provide snacks. Parents are WELCOME to bring in snacks but the rule is they bring enough for everyone. or save the snack/treat for at home. I have one Dad (whom I've spoken to about this several times) that just can't "get it". They stop at the gas station on the way here and again this morning brings her in with a juice (the fun ones with the paw patrol characters on top?) an open (and in her mouth) lollipop, and a donut in her hand.

I told him she would need to finish the donut in the car if he wanted her to have it, as it wasn't fair to other kids who were not getting donuts for breakfast. Then I told DCG *right in front of dad* "Lets go put your juice in the fridge so it will stay good until Daddy gets back. We can wrap up your lollipop and put it in your bag so you can have it after you go home." She threw a FIT and he was mad that I took the candy from her. I just told him "I'm sorry, I hate to make her cry as well but the other children do not understand why she has these treats and they don't. Policy states that if bringing a special treat there must be enough for everyone or the treat needs to wait until the child goes home." He took the donut and left but seriously ....

I'm debating on sending a follow-up reminder with the policy quoted just to reinforce. I felt like a jerk to her - but its policy and I'm not going to have 3 other kids following her around crying because they want her candy. that is not fair to THEM. ugh.
I won't be the bad guy like that.

Dad can take DCG (and her snacks) back to the car and return with out any of the items.