Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Mom2Two 03:10 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
We are licensed by the state if Alabama and if we EVER let a child go without checking a child's permission form and that person's I.d, we would get wrote up and our license pulled. If I were a parent and my child went to your daycare and I found out what you were doing, I would pull and report you. Dont matter what the circumstances are I would be LIVID
My state's protocol is that I just need to be told by the enrolled parent to expect pick up from a person, be given the expected name, and then see picture ID at the door. And that is what ended up happening with this dad, so I have met him now. What he had been doing is just calling without having mom let me know to expect it. Since i had never met him, just had a photo from mom, I wouldn't have let the kids go with him. The photo wasn't THAT good.

And for the future, he is prone to being random, so I need to discourage him from showing up too much, coz he's the type to randomly drop off during lunch or pick up during nap. That could get annoying real fast.

DCM tried to include him on daycare selection, but he didn't want to come to our interview. I think she also told me that he doesn't help pay...for anything ever. Technically not relevant, but still....