View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 08:50 PM 08-11-2009
Have you laid out your feelings, point blank? Have you told him of the specific calculations? Every point you have explained in this thread you need to explain to him in great detail.

I can completely understand him not wanting to come home to a wild zoo every evening. He may just want to come home, put his feet up and relax. The thought of coming home to a house that was filled with children all day usually includes the image of toys scattered from one end of the property to the other including the odd nooks and crannies inside the house. Then to think that in order to play with his own children he's going to have to help clean up and take care of the stuff leftover from the day...

I personally believe the benefits of being a stay at home mom far out weigh the down points of opening your home to other people's children.

My hubby supports and actually encouraged the start-up of my business. However, I feel he's a little biased. His mom did daycare for over 20 years while he was growing up. One of his sisters also did daycare. Needless to say he's WELL aware of the little benefits.

Get your husband on the bandwagon soon. I hate to break the bad news to you, but to be licensed by November may be a challenge. Some counties/states licensing programs are ridiculously slow. It took me almost a year, NO FAULT OF MY OWN, to get my license.

Oh, and congrats on the baby!!