View Single Post
Unregistered 07:20 AM 08-13-2009
I agree with the other posters. Doing daycare is not the same as having other children over to play. My house used to be the neighborhood house, once I started daycare, I saw it was nothing like that. I know people who did/do daycare with a spouse not totally behind them and it doesn't work very well, while also taking a toll on the marriage/family. Not to mention, you need to remember, it is his house also and he might really not want to experience that.
In my state you can care for 4 without being licensed, but don;t forget, when your daughter gets older and wants friends over, they count in your #s. The other poster is so right, parents (some) can really make your life miserable, cause other unforsee problems......
Awhile back, there was a provider that posted on here whom was accused of molestation. These and other issues are very realistic possibilities. I think you shouldn't get licensed if you can avoid it. When "licensed" in my state, they can come for surprise inspections at any time during your business hours (they don't though), all kids (without a parent there) and including your own count in your #s (# of kids licensed for), you can't have daycare children there after hours (so if you close at 5:00 and a parent comes late, it's a write up and it happens). I used to do a daycare network, working with almost 100 providers and heard tons of experiences.
Your daughter might not be real cuddly, but child # 2 could be completely different and #1 could always change. It is different when other kids are there all the time. I would make sure to do a few things different for #1 & #2. After putting the others down at nap time, make sure to have "special" reading time just for them or maybe yours want to sleep with the others instead of their own bed.
We would go 1 to 2 times each year to a local hotel w/pool for a mini vacation. That was a very big thing, they loved it. We on ocassion even invted a friend for a little swim time (a short time) to keep it "our" vacation.
Well, I have to go, duty calls, as always.
Good luck.