View Single Post
nannyde 12:06 PM 01-08-2014
Parents don't think of discounts as getting a deal. The price is the price. It doesn't matter to them what mental gymnastics you put yourself through to come up with the rate. They often believe the rate that you believe is a great deal is ridiculous and expensive.

We need to STOP petting the single mom pity mindset. What difference is the care of the kid if the parents are together or not? It doesn't have anything to do with child care services. You don't see Walmart or McDonald's giving discounts on their products or services because the customer is a single parent. When I bought my Costco membership I wasn't asked if I was a single parent. I would rather give a discount to a veteran than a single parent. They did something that enriches my life by serving our country. A single parent doesn't deserve special because they are raising their kid. They aren't doing anything extraordinary. Nearly half the kids under five are being raised by single parents... and the statistic are even hire in some ethnic groups. It's just regular life here in the US.