View Single Post
My3cents 10:34 AM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
I think it's time to tell the parents the he is not ready to come to your house with out pullups.

They need to be the ones to make sure he is fully potty trained BEFORE he comes to daycare and school.

It is not your job.

I had a dcg that would slap me when I tried to change her wet clothes. I was done.

Put the problem back into their hands.
I don't agree with this. If he is in your care full time- well then yes it is your job to work with the parents to potty train the child. Its a group effort or it usually won't work.

I will say it is your home- you can't have him soiling everything, so until he can go 6 weeks straight in a clean pull up, he needs to have a pull ups and not underwear. This is to protect your home, and for sanitary reasons. I highly encourage at home to use underwear so he can feel when he is going, and is wet or soiled. I hate pull ups- but in care they do have their place so that the child is not eliminating all over the place-

Not asking but placing the child on the potty every half hour is a good start. When they go- make a big deal out of it. This helps the child to realize they are actually doing what they need to do to potty. Praise, praise,praise.......when they don't make no deal out of it. Don't wait forever for this moment to happen- 3-5 minutes is more then enough time.

Five years old- time to see the doctor and find out if a medical issue is at hand.

Best-