View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 09-17-2012
My DH and I are both self-employed.

We purchase our health care insurance just like you would auto insurance (through an agency). It costs us ALOT but my DH is also a type 1 diabetic who requires hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of medical supplies/visits each year.

We NEVER get taxes back and although we have a plan for retirement, we don't really have any type of pension or nest egg going on so basically we will both be working until we die!.....LOL! Hopefully, my DD went into geriatric nursing for a reason and will be our caretaker in our golden years.

We have no paid time off or paid vacations that accure other than what I build into my contract each year.

I have thought about quitting for the benefits before as well but somehow being my own boss has enough perks right now that I can't see it as something I want to do at this time.

Thankfully my DH and I have worked hard through the years and paid off as many things (house, vehicle etc) as possible and don't have to worry about too much other than our day to day living expenses.