View Single Post
284878 10:33 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
You mean as in keeping all files no matter what? My children's files are just the state's intake paperwork, their contracts and their immunization records. I don't have "Unusual Injury/Incident Reports" for any of my past or current children except for one child because (knock on wood) I haven't had any serious injuries or unusual incidents other than the one, thank goodness that other than the occasional normal scrape or bruise from normal play nothing big has happened.

It makes sense to keep the file of that one child because it's considered an unusual incident but all of them? Not sure how keeping all paperwork would be helpful to me. It would have old contact info and their admission and termination date but all of that info is on my roster and those I do keep. Wondering if I really do have to keep all of their files and being a scrooge about it
Personally, for me, I mean all files. I had an underhanded parent here that I termed, even though the child never got hurt here, I kept everything. .. sign in sheets, registration with bdates and addresses, daily notes on child and so forth, communication with families. DCM could easily tell the child that an injury happened here that didn't and I would need all of that to prove that I was innocent.