Thread: Some Opinions
View Single Post
Willow 05:45 AM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi all. I am unregistered and have been lurking for awhile. I am a former provider in a center in SC. I was terminated today and will not be going back to any childcare at all ever again. I had been at this center for a month and have been in childcare since 2007. Apparently there had been some parent complaints about myself and some allegations that were not true. My question is: today was the first time I had ever heard anything about anything g I was doing wrong. I feel I deserved to fix the issues that were given to me. Is one strike you are out the norm or what? I am confused, hurt, and very angry. Thanks everyone!

That really all depends on what you are being accused of.

Abuse, endangerment and neglect accusations are far more serious than simple misconduct or clerical errors. If they keep you on and give you another chance after having done something more serious, and then something else happens, they then become liable because they knew of your "history."

Keep in mind also that in most states employers don't have to have a single reason to terminate you for any job you do too. It's called at will employment. You can quit at anytime, they can fire you at anytime. Childcare is no exception.