View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 04:46 AM 04-27-2012
ok here's why I ask....My 8 1/2 year old daughter who is generally a good kid, was sent to the principals office by her teacher for saying the word pissed. I guess it was at the lunchroom and 2 girls wouldn't leave her alone and it flowed out of her mouth.

This isn't something I have ever heard her say and she has always been respectful so it was an isolated incident. The day it happened my daughter immediately told me at pick up from school that she was sent to the principals office for swearing. When I asked her what she said she said it started with a "p" and it was the other word for "pee". Her teacher did email me and said she was sent to the office for swearing, I emailed back and asked what she said and she replied "piss".

I thought to myself "WHAT!!??" Ok, agreed not a nice word but sent to the principals office for THAT word...seriously. She would of been fine with a talking to and we don't say that here. My daughter would of been fine with that because she is normally respectful. I was just floored that the teacher ranked it up there with swearing, because I have always thought it just doesn't sound respectful, not flat out swearing.