View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 05:55 PM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I just looked at the technical assistance. I think it means to have the pad on top of a surface that you can sanitize. It also says you can lay the pad on top of something like a shower curtain on a carped floor. So confusing! Check out the technical assistance manual from DHS. Here is the link http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dh...8_248910_7.pdf

I'm sorry, I don't know if I did that right, I'm computer illiterate...lol
Thanks for posting that link. I think I finally understand it. The diaper changing pad HAS to be on top of another non-absorbant material. That could be a tiled floor or a changing table. If you're changing on a carpet then you have to put the changing pad on top of something non-absorbant like the shower curtain like you mentioned. You can also use the top to a large plastic container it says as a barrier. I have been using my family room to change diapers on a diaper pad, but I guess according to this I can't do that because it has to be in an area that is not used exclusively for diapering. The only other room I can use is the laundry room which is right inside my backdoor. I hate to use that room though because I find it gross to change dirty diapers where I clean my clothes ya know?