Thread: Picky Eater
View Single Post
Daycaremomma01 08:41 AM 05-14-2019
I have a dcm who is 4, going on 5 that is super picky. I’ve required that his parent send him with a lunch/snacks because of this. He still refuses to eat what his mom sends him. And when I ask him to eat, or why he’s not eating he breaks down in tears and says that whatever it is “will make me throw up”.
He throws up when ever he gets upset and wants his mom - not like hard crying and gets sick, I’m talking fingers down his throat, gaging himself, intentionally makes himself throw up.
So, when he doesn’t eat, I don’t say anything but “we’ll try again at snack time”. For him, it’s just a game, so, I don’t play it and don’t react. But when he does throw up, I call mom to pick up - I specifically put in my contract that throwing up for any reason is grounds for immediate pick up. (Of course his mom questioned this and said “he has a very sensitive gag reflex”, I told her I don’t do throw up. Any puking and he has to be picked up, sorry.)

Offer food, if the kids doesn’t eat, oh well, they will eat when they’re hungry enough is the only conclusion I’ve came up with. We can force feed, so.