View Single Post
Unregistered 08:14 AM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
She is 12 months. She was occasional drop in until this week. And I am wondering if she will end up becoming high maintenance very soon ?
Her eczrma has never improved. I have a ftiend who makrs home made soaps and swears that they work for it as her oen child (whos skin would also bleed) and customers eczems practiclly disapeared using this soap. So I gave this soap to them as s gift and for thrm to try out. I never did ask if they tried it. I didnt want to sound like pushy. They have been dealing with cps over s failure to thrive case from when mom
was in denial about noy making enough breast milk and refusjng to usr formula. Some onr called on them (most likely the Dr) when dcg. lost too much weight. Anyeay, the reason Im explaining that back ground info is because when I told her we dont do coes milk and some people who have czema will get it worse withdairy/ cow milk, and , I suggested soy milk
My son had extreme eczema for 3 years (1-4). He would scratch so bad during the night his arms would be bloody in the morning. I had to put him to bed everynight for almost a year with his arms covered in gauze. He had staph infections a dozen times...it was awful. I took him to see every doctor/naturopath I could and tried elminating foods from his diet (his allergy tests came back negative 5x) and gave him baths in everything suggested....all sorts of cream even hydrocodizone (yikes!)...at the time we didn't have pets or carpeted housing...It was a helpless situation and NOTHING worked.

Then just as fast as it came on, it was gone. Just like that.

He still has scars on his arms and I get worried when I see him itch

His need was so high I could never have left him in daycare...he needed me and I needed to know he was okay. His risk of infection was super high and we are just lucky his staph infections never got worse.

NO way I would care for a child with that kind of need/risk especially one with non proactive parents.