View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:41 AM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by deidremccl:
Hi thanks for your reply. I'm not asking for a detailed report. I'm just not sure these "daily activity sheet" papers are really that informative, and maybe that's because they're a pain to fill out. I just notice that every day, my child eats all her food, and plays outside (even though it rained that day).

My daughter is 2. Recently we thought she might have had a UTI because she was having infrequency in urinating. Of course the daycare addressed this with me, which is wonderful. I would expect a phone call like I did in this type of situation. When I went to pick her up, I noticed her activity sheet says, "potty" every hour, although I was contacted that she hadn't gone but once all day. So I asked if "potty" meant she went or if that's just when they check everyone to see if they need to go. She said they document when they went.

I am more curious as to how many people are getting these daily sheets and actually benefit from them. Would parents like to see something else other than these papers we get every day. I imagine that writing down everything for every single child takes a lot of time. With all of today's technology, why aren't we using some kind of application, where providers can use a smart phone or ipad and just click a button for a child when they are out of something, or when they went potty. The parent can then go online, say before they pick up their child and check on their daily progress in real time or see if they need something and pick it up on the way to drop it off when they pick up.

I created a quick survey, because I thought it would be a good way to measure different points and areas. I'm a technical person, so I like to analyze results rather than just have opinions all over the place, although I do appreciate those too!
Totally understandable... I hope I wasn't offensive in my reply to you.

Sometimes it's hard to see things from the other side and in all honesty most the parents (generalized) don't really seem that interested in hearing detailed feedback about their child's day so many providers don't even bother.

However, for those parents that really DO value the feedback, I think it's important to stress that to your care giver so they are aware that you really do read the daily communication sheets.

Perhaps the center doesnt think you do..kwim?

I am also analytical about stuff so totally get it.

Hoping you are able to find the feedback you are looking for!