View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:43 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
Where are you located?

As a parent, the smoke smell would be a turn off to me. Even though it's not a reflection of you. I'd be concerned about how often my child got to play outside in an apartment setting and what the outdoor areas were like.
I know I don't like the living situation, that our neighbors smoke. But I can't make them stop. All I can do is provide our apartment itself as a smoke free place. You can't smell it in ours. I bring the children outside every day that weather permits. We're just down the street maybe two blocks from a playground, less than a mile from a nice big park with two playgrounds, and maybe three blocks from the library and swimming pool. I would get the parent's permission for any of this, of course. But I can't stand to be inside all day, so going outside and walking to the playground is just part of our day. There is also a nice big concrete area between the two apartment buildings where no cars are allowed to park, so the children have this area to ride the riding toys, draw with chalk, play with bubbles, etc. Plus there's a fence there, so they'd have to get past me to go anywhere. So even though we don't have our own yard, I make the best of it and provide that outdoor play that children need.