View Single Post
Former Teacher 01:57 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
How do you know he's illegal or that if the roles had been reversed he would have drained your insurance?
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Bold part ????
If he's illegal, why didn't the police picdk him up? That seems strange.

To answer your question, i think it depends on your insurance co. Our old one used to make out the checks to us and we could do whatever we wanted with it. Our current one writes out the check to us AND the business that would fix our car, so they have to get the check.
To answer both questions: I know he was illegal due to his license and the fact that the police came out and told us he was an illegal. They could not arrest him or pick him up because the accident happened on private property. That is also why we didn't get a full police report, only a reference number, because of it happening on private property. What they did after we left I don't know.

As for my comment about draining our insurance, where I live, that is considered the norm. These illegal immigrants take whatever they can and go back to their home country. They also purposefully CAUSE accidents just to collect insurance.

I am sorry if I sound prejudiced or racist. I am far from it. In fact one of my bestest friends is an African American. I also have several hispanic friends. However living in the area I live in, I tend to have the opinion that the immigrants take what they can and run.