View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 07:21 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
"Well it is nine o'clock and the kids should have their breakfast before nine bc then the other kids see your son eating and think it's time to eat again." I thought to myself are you kidding me? With my busy life and the same thing has been going on this long, on top of that my son may take less than 10 minutes to eat his meal!
Since I work in a Center very much like the one you go to, let me give you my take on this:

Some children will eat breakfast at our Center but most have already eaten by the time they get there. They are usually the ones that arrive at opening (7:30 AM). We have a set eating schedule for the little ones that doesn't include serving breakfast. Snack at 10:30, Lunch at 12:30, another snack at 3:00 after naptime. Our PreK and PreSchool classes START at 9:00 AM and end at 12:00 PM.

It's kind of hard to ready crafts and games at the tables when there are children sitting there eating and usually making a mess. Yes, even granola bars can make a mess with some children. After eating the tables must be cleared and cleaned.

I agree with no more food after 9:00. If you are bringing him that late and he only takes 10 minutes to eat, then get up 15 minutes early and feed him at home.

Oh and Mom, something better than a granola bar - I know we've all given them in a pinch but not a habit of it please. Check out this website: http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healt...reakfast.html#