View Single Post
Thriftylady 11:46 AM 07-31-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
First off, thanks for the response back and doing it in a professional, sincere way. I certainly agree with what you had to say about it must be beneficial for both parties. SO at the risk of sounding like I am arguing (which I promise I am not) I don't totally agree with the above statement. While you are absolutely 100% correct, 2 wrongs don't make a right, if I enter into a contract on good faith with anyone, that contact should be honored till its term. Now are there certain exceptions? Of course, if I am constantly late or missing payments then the provider absolutely has the right to not only terminate that contract early, but send me to collections for missed payments. What I don't like is the thought that a provider (whether it be childcare, cell phone, directv, ect) say "hey this is our contract we both signed, but by the way if I tweak it during its term, that doesn't mean it is a violation of my promise to you, my customer. That would be like if I had my salary cut at work and didn't make as much and came back to my provider and said "hey I can't give you the said payment per month because my income has been cut by 20%, so I am going to cut your pay by 5% to even out the lost monies" I write contracts everyday at work and I know if I put that in any contracts to my customers they would tell me to pound sand

Like I said, I really appreciate your advice and I think you have stated your point well, so don't think I am trying to pick a fight. I just know when I have brought a few things up to my provider, she goes right to the contract, which while can be frustrating, is fair, I signed it and agreed to those terms, I just feel like she should honor those same terms.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!
I kind of disagree with you here. Many service providers DO change their contracts with little or no notice. Just the other day when I paid my hubby's XM radio for his semi, I got online to find out they no longer had his plan and the "new" one I can get costs more. I have two choices, either pay the rate increase with the channel changes or shut off his radio service. I am eating the few bucks, because well my life is just easier keeping the hubby happy in the semi.

You can however discuss this change with her, ask her why or whatever she can at least discuss it with you. Perhaps her food program changed, or the food program or the state told her that her meals and snacks were no properly spaced, or perhaps the kids were not eating the food so she was just throwing it away. The point is, she may have a good reason for it. Then again she may not but you don't know unless you speak with her about it.