View Single Post
Unregistered 02:04 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am just laughing OUT LOUD!

Gym memberships, massage montly fee programs, cable companies, AND MORE: they all charge you for a flat premium that most likely, they know you won't use all of the benefit. They KNOW people sign up thinking "Oh yeah, I'll need to use this" (especially gym membership) and then they don't go. these companies make money off services they don't provide, and KNOW they are unlikely to provide the amount of service they charge for. The bottom line? If the consumer signs the contract, it's a fair practice and the consumer has to pay. Or else? They lose their ability to use the service and get sent to collections or court. Consumers don't like that? They shouldn't sign the dotted line!!!
The big difference here is that if someone signs up for a membership the opportunity is still there for them to use should they want to take advantage of it. They don't just close there doors for a week and expect you to pay. Your quoted contributor is spot on! And your argument doesn't hold water. I don't understand where you and other daycare providers think it is kosh to take advantage of people.