View Single Post
LysesKids 09:05 AM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Thinking more and more of doing this but have some questions.

A. Do you allow parents to contract for the whole day? I have a few parents that need it but wondering how to say do you really need it?

B. Do you allow them to come on parents day's off (since they are paying for it).

C. If they get off earlier do you have them come at that time to pick up?

D. In the contracted hours do you allow for drive time?

E. How do you figure your rates as? I charge a three day, four day, five day rate. I then figured out my monthly rate they pay me for having those children here how ever many days (has to be consistent through the week). So if I shorten the time they are here it seems, I would need to refigure my rates.

I"m sure I will have more questions but this is what I'm thinking of for now.

My husband thinks it won't work as they know I'm open so why not have their child here. They are paying for they day so why not be here.
I don't have set open/closed... my parents are contracted based on hours worked plus drive (yes, drive time is included); that said I limit to 10 hours daily & charge extra for early drops/late pick ups outside contracted hours... doesn't matter is someone is here earlier or later - it's their contract not yours. Because TN limits infant/toddler care to 4 babes and considers PT to be under 20 hrs, I contract FT only... otherwise you can pay daily drop-in rate if a space is open; and yes, if they are paying FT, if they contract 5 days , then they can use all 5 days during their hrs; they contract only 4 days, them they pay extra for day 5