View Single Post
Childminder 12:56 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by :
I found a two pack in my cupboard that's never been opened and thought... gosh I bet I could sell these for a couple of hundred BUCKS

I feel sorry for the providers just starting out. They don't realize how CRAPTASTIC everything is now compared to the old baby stuff, toys, and equipment.

I have toys in play every day that I started with. Toys from the mid eighties that look like they did the day they were made. I still use graco seats from the mid eighties. Built like tanks. Used them on every baby I have ever had and the hardware is still in perfect shape. Thousands and thousands of clicks, snaps, adjustments over 17 years and they still work good as new.

If I had to start over and just buy new stuff I wouldn't even want to start over. I'm so used to having the ease that comes with quality stuff and not having to spend the money to replace stuff.
Here! Here! Most of my toys and equipment is from the 70's and 80's and USED all the time. The blocks and some children's furniture I use are from the 50's. I throw away stuff that people have given me from the recent past because it does NOT hold up.