View Single Post
Daycaremomof2 07:18 AM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
As a licensed daycare I have a problem with people being able to continue operating illegally, and yes it is illegal and can be punishable as a Class A misdemeanor with a fine of up to $100.00 per day while operating without a license! To become licensed you must meet many safety standards both within the home (fire extenguishers, walk-outs, smoke detectors, etc) and personally (Insurance, CPR/First Aid. Fingerprinting, TB, etc.), which all come at a cost to the provider. If you have helpers, they to have many of the same requirements that most providers pay for. Since you incur all these costs, you must then adjust your daycare rates accordingly so that you are making money at your business (yes, this is a business for anyone who watches children, legally or not). When a provider does not have to meet the standards or pay any additional costs by operating illegally, they can offer daycare at a lower rate. For those of you who see no issue with this, put yourself in this senario. You follow the rules and do everything you are suppose to for your business, while a person across town does everything illegally and is able to gain a larger profit by doing it this way, how can you see this as being ok?
Not in my state lady- I am operating 100% LEGALLY unlicensed. And doing a darn good job at it. Check your facts.