Thread: Mortified!!
View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 09:58 AM 08-27-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
So i just enrolled a new toddler (age 2) and, as part of how I transition kids into my program, this morning he visited for an hour with his parents. I met the little boy when the family interviewed and he seems very smart, highly verbal, and a good fit all around.

The visit went well this morning. I only had three kids: DCB 5, DCG 21 mos. and DCG 5 mos, so it was a low key, mellow morning, The new DCB was very interested in all of the toys and towards the end of the hour he and my 21 mos. old DCG started playing together. THEN in a flash there was a tussle and DCG bit the new boy... ON HIS FACE...HARD!!!! She hasn't bitten any of her friends before so I never saw it coming. I am so embarrassed! I apologized profusely and the parents seemed to understand, but I am still feeling terrible. Do you think it would be appropriate to send them a message or something? Or should I just wait until Thursday when I am supposed to see the boy again?
First off, do y have a biting protocol. If so, use it and inform mom on the steps and progress.

If not, then I would text and check in with the mom so she knows you are concerned. And explain what you do when bites occur.

You don't want her to think its so commonplace that you didn't even feel the need to acknowledge it after it happened. But you don't want to over react either. It happens, and With biting its not always predictable. It just so happened it was bad timing for a first time lol.