View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:24 AM 03-23-2015
I've never had an attorney look over mine.

I guess the way I see it, is if BOTH parties agree to it then it's a legal binding document. The only way it would be invalid is if the parties don't agree or the contract goes against the state's laws.

For example you cannot ask a parent to sign off on their right to sue you if their child gets hurt due to your negligence. Even if parents sign a waiver stating they won't sue you the law says they can.

That's the kind of thing I mean when I say it can't go against the law.

Otherwise, I have things in my policies that protect me from loss, such as pre-payment only and requiring a deposit equal to my notice period. As long as parents pre-pay I won't be out money for any services rendered.

Each state also has their own requirements as to what needs to be included in each programs policies and contract so I would check your state's rules/regulations in that regard.

Otherwise anything you add to your contract and/or policies are up to you.

As a small business owner YOU get to decide what services you will offer/provide and as a parent, THEY get to decide if those services work for them or not. If not, then they should not enroll with you and/or sign the contract.