View Single Post
Ariana 07:08 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by adnilwis:
It's very possible, however yesterday we went to the neighbor lady's house who has a daycare (and my daughter goes there once a week) to see Santa. She said uh oh to me as I tried getting her out of the wagon but she was still buckled in. It was just that one word but still. She will say a few things here and there to me at my house during daycare but very rarely when I ask her to. She rarely gives me eye contact when I ask her something but other times she just stares at me. How do I go about bringing this up to her mom and dad about selective mutism? They are already aware that she doesn't talk much to me at all because I've brought it up and have asked if therr are other places she won't talk.
It sounds like anxiety to me so it might be selective mutism. I would research it a lot first before bringing it up just to be sure. Does she only do this with you according to the parents? It might be because the parents are usually there when she is around others as well right?

The weird part for me is that she has been with you for a long time. If you do bring it up say something like “out of concern I looked hp some things online and this is what I found...what do you think....”. It is at least a conversation starter.