View Single Post
284878 07:15 PM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
Three part question

I've read many providers have separate permission slips/forms for water activities, medication administration, photography, transporting, etc...

1. Do all of these need to be their own form / a separate piece of paper? Or can I just include it all in my contract? I hate the idea of wasting paper and having a bunch of extra forms for enrollment. I was thinking of having the following style of sub-sections in my contract:

Parent: Water Activities - please check one:
___ Yes, my child has permission to participate in water activities. This includes, but isn’t limited to: sprinklers, inflatable bounce slide, kiddie pools, and bathing when necessary.
___ No, I do not give my child permission to participate in water activities.

Parent: Medication Administration - please check one:
___ Yes, Provider has my permission to administer OTC medications as needed. This includes, but isn't limited to: ointment, sunscreen, bugspray, lotion, and oral medications.
___ No, my child does not have permission to have any OTC medications administered to him/her.

Parent: Photography Permission - please check one:
___ Yes, my child has permission to be photographed. Photos may be shared to promote the daycare program.
___ No, my child does not have permission to be photographed. I understand my child may still end up in photos, but his/her face will be blurred or covered before sharing.

Parent: Transporting Permission - please check one:
___ Yes, my child has permission to be transported by the Provider for field trips, outings, or appointments if necessary.
___ No, I do not give permission for my child to be transported.

2. What if a parent doesn't give permission for something like water activities? Do you just say "Sorry, but I can't sign/agree to this because I can't accommodate one child being left out if the group is playing in the sprinkler." It seems silly to give them a choice if they don't really have one.

3. If my program isn't going to accommodate a 'No' response, should I change my contract to not give 'No' as an option and just have them initial a statement saying "I give X permission for X"? This seems like the obvious answer but what the heck, I'll ask anyways!

My permission slip is written up with each item then a spot for parent to initial.
I give name of dc permission to ..... Parent initial ______
Then at the bottom it says something like, I agree to the permission slips above that I (parent name) have initialed.
Then have them sign.